From new update:
1) To use ‘Fire-till-kill’ – push ‘h‘. More info
2) to save your inscriptions: ‘=’ ‘t’ . Then this inscriptions would be applied automatically on this type of items, including your new characters.
How to start playing?
- Download the latest version setup or archive
- Install/unpack it and run the game (sdl client or classic one)
- choose ‘tangaria.com‘ server by pushing corresponding letter
- enter login and password (no need to register, you create new account by loggining)
- create a character & enjoy the game!
How to change tileset type?
In the beginning of mangclient.ini file:
This parameter is a type of tileset; it could have value from 1 to 3:
1: David Gervais’ tiles
2: Shockbolt’s tiles
3: Pseudo-3D tiles
I’ve heard there are more tileset and also an option to play in 3D! How to do so?
- Download Necklace of the Eye (NotEye+Hydra Slayer package)
- Unpack it to \Tangaria\noteye
- Run noteye.bat (it’s in \Tangaria)
- In opened window paste the way to \Tangaria\noteye , eg “C:\games\Tangaria\noteye” (without quotes)
- Confirm updating files: ‘y’ (yes)
- After updating finishes you would see ‘Necklace of the Eye’ window
- ‘p’ would open game with ‘noteye’ mode
- to change graphic modes press ‘F4’ -> ‘m’
- Enjoy 3D, isometric projection and third-person view! 😀
After install you don’t need to run noeye.bat anymore; you could just start \Tangaria\noteye\noteye.exe
Also you could save your log/pass to \Tangaria\noteye\pwmangband\pwmangband.ini for auto-login
I’ve accidentally closed game windows. How to restore them?
in mangclient.ini make ‘Visible=1’ to all terminals which you wish to show.
How to change message window height?
in mangclient.ini change NumRows parameter. Please note that minimal size of the Terms is fixed to 16×4; if you want even smaller Terms, reduce the font size.
What is this two numbers at the left bottom of the screen?
First number is danger of monsters; second – quality of loot at the level.
How to enter the dungeon?
To enter the dungeon – come on the stairs and push ‘>’ on keyboard (shift+ . ). To go up the stairs – push ‘<‘.
Why I can not sell anything in the town?
In Tangaria your character can’t sell items to NPC, but at the same time you got additional significant gold drop at the dungeon. Don’t worry, this system is well balanced and you would have enough gold to carry on. At the same time you are welcome to trade with other players!
Why when I stay in town I become without any money in some time?
There is thiefs around, take care. It’s better to stay afk only in tavern.
I play with a friend and do not receive exp, why?
You should have 7 lvls difference to receive exp when playing in party with other players.
Autopickup incription =g doesn’t work properly
Known bug. This happens when you step on ammo while running. Workaround: before picking up ammo, stop running and just walk on item to pick it up.
I felt lag/freeze when when hounds breath on me
Yes, that’s the client latency for displaying effects. It is a configurable option. Go to Options menu ‘=’ -> d) set base delay factor -> lower the value (40ms by default). Usually it’s alright to put 10 or 20ms to keep the breathing effect, but lower the latency on the client. You can put 1ms if you don’t want effect at all.
High stealth characters might finding it useful. Sometimes you want to wake up something close without having to go melee range. Horns are there for “aggravation on demand”.
All ignored items in the inventory are immediately dropped on the floor and ignored (made invisible) as long as
2) you’re not in a town (to prevent littering)
In short: if you are ranged class – inscribe your melee weapon with ^O and set autoretaliator to false in options.
At Windows 10: if you use ‘K-Lite Video Codecs’: in ‘Lav Decoder’ properties remove tray icon.
2) ‘For the Greater Good’ we often make bad thing happen in the end.. Also who says that the *player character* is always good? Actually if you would manage to defeat Morgoth you may consider to take his Crown and become the new Lord of Darkness… It makes ‘good’ creatures to consider you as a very big danger, maybe even worse than Morgoth himself..?
3) Considering Maia, or spirits. Sauron himself is a Maia, so there’s nothing that will tell you which one is good or bad. In the dungeon, assume that they are all bad Maia. The ones that are not (Arien for example) simply see you as a nuisance that breaks the universe’s balance and must be stopped.
1) You don’t consume food while in town;
2) You don’t consume light when in town during the day;
3) The tavern has “safe floor” (means you cannot be harmed), and mobs cannot enter;
4) Outside of tavern you could be killed or robbed by monsters, take care!
2) other solution is to find or ask other player about wand/rod of polymorph and use it on yourself. Please note that they could work not at first time. To target it to yourself use ‘*’
2) there are some monsters/traps and objects which could steal your food or make you hungry. Some of them could be invisible. Take care about it, there are specific sounds for such attacks. To find invisible monsters could help some consumables…
3) if you didn’t manage to find food fo a while – it could be just bad luck. Don’t hesitate to buy food from other players, it’s often when someone got too much and someone got none. Ask about food for sale in game chat and Discord. Also buying food from players could be 3-4 times cheaper than buying it from Black Market;
4) Take a note that you spend a lot of satiation when ‘R’esting after fights;
What the difference of Tangaria from other online roguelike games – MAngband, TomeNET, PWMAngband?
All three games are beautiful and unique. In general, MAngband is where it all came from, it’s based on early Angband, it’s very oldschool, dark and atmospheric. TomeNET is very deep game with hardcore fast-paced gameplay and it’s developing on it’s own accord. PWMAngband takes all modern vanilla Angband core mechanics, but also got it’s own designs, like time bubble, which slow down time around player if he is severely injured, making game less reaction-based.
Tangaria focused to take all the best features from this games and also great singleplayer roguelikes like Nethack, DCSS, ToME & others, with the influence of sandbox MMORPGs and unite in under unique gameplay concept powered by PWMAngband ‘game engine’ – check our manifesto.
Who are Tangaria developers?
Tangar Igroglaz currently works on gamedesign, visuals, world building and lore; but he is planning to learn C programming language to be able to participate in coding process alongside with Powerwyrm.
Simply go east 🙂 Spoiler (select text to see): Bree is something like 3 squares away from Hobbiton straight east. Good way is to go east, then north one (to cross the bridge), then east, then south one.
Where to store my items?
You could buy a house to hold your items. Also you got ‘Deep of Property’ which could be used to claim a small house for free (up to 10k price); to buy a house push ‘ctrl+e’ and direct to a door.
How to customize my house?
Try a potion at a door, it should change to the type corresponding to the color of the potion. This also changes the type of house, so if you throw a green potion, the only things you will be able to store are items you usually find in the Temple. By default, every house is a “black market” type (you can store anything and sell for BM price). Spoiler: throw a “yellow” potion to change to “Home”, which is the less restrictive.
I’ve got two houses and can not buy more. What to do?
As far as houses go, the 2 house restriction is
1) to ensure players don’t buy all the big houses
2) to stay fair regard of no-wilderness when you just have your home in town. This will force players to “manage” their houses: buy a small one, then later on buy a bigger one, then later on buy a second big one.
How to enlarge house:
Moreover, you have the “enlarge” house feature, so once you have no more space in your houses, you can go to the General Store and buy House Foundation Stones and a Scroll of House Creation to enlarge your house:
You need a house that’s not close to other features. Choose one of the walls and fill a rectangle area of at least 3 rows with House Foundation Stones. Stand next to the area and reas the scroll, it should change the stones into space and extend the wall.
How to put an item for sale in the house?
Inscribe an item as ‘for sale ….’, eg “for sale 1000” or “for sale 50000”
To check the price: close your door and press ctrl-e, it will list the items for sale
Some weapons and armour can not be put on sale till I would wear and take it off
Not a bug. Wearable items aren’t fully identified until you wear them. Intended.