Tangaria’s tileset – 32×32 px colored tileset on 4096×4096 px field, which could hold up to 16384 tiles; it’s based at beautiful David Gervais artwork, with adding a lot of new tiles from other artists who published their work at CC0 or Creative Commons licences.
I made this tileset for Tangaria (online roguelike game), which is powered by PWMAngband. If you would do some tweaking – this tileset could be used with most of *bands. Also you could add it at any other roguelike or grid-based game.
Tileset is published under the Creative Commons licence. You are free to to copy, distribute and transmit those tiles (even commercially) as long as you credit following:
- Tangaria – online roguelike game: http://tangaria.com
- David Gervais – created most of art work: http://pousse.rapiere.free.fr/tome/
- Tangar Igroglaz – tileset designer: http://tangar.info/en/
- Shtukensia – current leading artist: http://9go.ru
- Powerwyrm – PWMAngband developer: https://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr
- Ayenes – floors, flowers, windows, paintings: https://deviantart.com/ayene-chan
- Ivan Voirol – grass: https://opengameart.org/users/ivan-voirol
- Refuzzle – birds: https://opengameart.org/users/refuzzle
- Nikkita31 – rocks: https://opengameart.org/users/nikkita31
- Kenny – furniture: http://kenney.nl/
Please note that this list updating as long as tileset getting new tiles! I’ll continue maintaining this tileset, so there would be new versions. I’m adding art only from zero-licence (CC0) or creative-commons works (and also Shtukensia draw tiles by her own). If I forgot to mention someone – please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll credit you asap!
Package includes .PSD file with hex codes for mapping stuff, so it’s much easier to work with it. Also it includes tileset files and following PWMAngband files:
town_test.txt – start location with all terrain objects, useful for testing
terrain.txt – list of all terrains with properties
town_feat.txt – list of objects which could be used in towns
wild_info.txt – world map with town in center (all other is water)
town.txt – town list
town_empty.txt – empty town
I work on this tileset during live streams, so you could check my youtube channels if you interested in ‘process’: