– Revert AUTO_DUMP server option to automatically transfer death dumps to the client
– Kick out starving players only if their disturb_faint option is true
– Make players without birth_start_kit set start with an amount of gold at least equal to the value of the items they don’t get
– Fix description when looking at a player and pressing ‘r’
– Make Deep Nights only empty the lights of hostile players
– Give players starting food/light for free no matter if birth_start_kit is set or not
Please update client to be able to login to the server.
Ok, I hope it’s our last transfer for now.
- Moved on new servers. Website and the game itself now have separate servers (for security reasons);
- Game unbound from metaserver and you could download new version of the client to login directly to the game;
- New default fonts in client;
- Default setup now has only one shortcut (to simplify newbie experience).
This new infrastructure make us more stable to DDOS and other problems; game server is now independent from domain and we could change it’s IP at will 😛
For regular PWMAngband client users:
– open mangclient.ini
– uncomment the “host” line in the [MAngband] section
– put “host=184.108.40.206”
– save the file
Once you start the client, you should be automatically redirected to tangaria.com server.
- Slow digestion amulets removed from the shops and become rare to find;
- Added new ‘hunger’ trap;
- Satisfy Hunger magic from artifacts activation not so powerful anymore.
Also new characters start without any gold, but with additional scroll of Satisfy Hunger, a few Phase Door scrolls and potion of Cure Light Wounds – so you would have more chances to survive in first dangerous encounters (soon it could be changed back to gold, when gold managment would be more customizable for newborn chars).
To be able to see new trap properly – update to the new version (now it’s include only client and become more lightweight). Also please note that Tangaria now officially support only David Gervais’ tiles.
Currently we are fixing some issues with server. Please stay tuned at our Discord. We apologize for the inconvenience!
We moved to more powerful server, it should be better now. Please report any performance problems @ discord.
A High Men from Numenor, a renegades and.. ally of Dark Lord? Not all of them was ‘corrupted by many gifts and promises of great power’ by the Enemy. Some just wanted to have a free will and refused to accepted handouts of the west.. But nonetheless they had to choose a side, just to survive under the sky..
Which side would choose you?
Dear hobbitss *gollum* noticed that ‘Newbie Tower’ not there anymore! But… The Oldie Forest is comming closed and closer to Hobbiton, it’s branches creak and squeak on the bright nasty shiny windows.. And it’s deeeep, very deep indeed, my precious. Who live there? We do not know, my precious dear, but hobbities, sneaky little hobbits would pay for their crimes indeed, my precious..!
PowerWyrm prepared great update, patchnotes:
– Add 16x24tx.fon, 21x31tg.fon and 24x36tg.fon from Tangar
– Stop treating back-quote as escape
– Allow lowercase Dungeon Master names in mangband.cfg
– Fix incorrect options/ignore packets crashing the server
– Lower Expensive Black Market price factor from 10x to 8x
– Increase the number of items that can be ordered in the Expensive Black Market from 6 to 8
– New fire-till-kill option (MAngband submenu)
– Implement fire-till-kill mode for “fire at nearest” command
– Implement fire-till-kill mode for spells
– Remove score bonuses from challenge options
– Add more birth options to server configuration file (no artifacts, no selling, no stores)
– Add chance of generating “good” and “great” items in constant.txt
– Fix scene of death in character dumps when using tiles
– Add “fast” wilderness mode via DIVING_MODE server option to make everyone aware of the location of the base town (Carn Dûm) at birth
– Fix client not displaying the last messages before death
– Don’t drop gold either when permanently dying
Because of new save file structure and also for testing puproses, server was wiped (and PvP event ended!). So now Tangaria server start ‘ab ovo’ with a lot of new cool stuff:
- We got wilderness.. Beware to go around during the night time! But also all players now know Carn Dûm (dungeon-town) location at start, so you can teleport there at once after creating a new character by inscribing ‘World of Recall’ scroll with @R-9,37 if you wanna dive immideately 😉
- Server got ‘birth_no_selling’ option – so you don’t need (and can not :P) sell items to NPC anymore! Instead you get additional, significant gold drop. Trade with other players, its fun! (btw we got trading channel @ Discord).
- Items drop reworked, to give proper chance for loot. We still working on right balance, so it could be changed soon.
- Adjusted depth of Hobbiton’s dungeon & Barrow Downs.
To be able to enter server – you should update your client. Don’t forget that you could save your macroses from previous client version @ \PWMAngband\lib\user 🙂