Due to crop failure for several years in a row,
a sack of wheat began to cost more than a sack of gold.
Chronicles of Tangaria
E to eat food from your inventory. You must eat regularly to survive. You can find a variety of food in the dungeon, although eating strange food can be fraught at times.
Starving and overeating is quite dangerous. If you don’t eat for a longer while – hunger can kill you. At the same time – if you overeat, you will become slow and easy prey in the battle.
You will see satiation indicator below the status bar on the left side in the main window. When you just start yor character it will show Fed 70%f which means that you are well. If your satiation drop below ~10% – a yellow Hungry appear, then it will change gradually to orange Weak and red Starve and you will start getting paralysed by the lack of food! Finally you will start losing hit points and eventually die from starvation.
If you overeat and your satiation will become more that 90% – you will become slow; use
Rest command to remove excessive satiation faster.
Where to get food? It’s very rare in the dungeon!
There are garanteed food frop from dungeon bosses – just get to the bottom of each dungeon (except first one) and you will always have food.
My character can’t hit anything, he always misses! Also his parameters (to-hit) went down.
Maybe you are hungry? You will fight better on full stomach 😉
🍒I’m dying from hunger, food is too rare, what to do?
1) you won’t lose satiation in town – there you can calm down and think what to do next;
2) don’t forget that mushrooms, booze, and some potions gives nourishment;
3) there are some monsters/traps and objects which could steal your food or make you hungry. Some of them could be invisible. Take care of it, there are specific sounds for such attacks:
…If you hear this sounds – run or kill it ‘blindly’. Also you could detect invisibility with a scroll or potion (later on you will find equipment with this property).
4) if you didn’t manage to find food for a while – it could be just bad luck. Don’t hesitate to buy food from other players, it’s often situation when someone got too much and someone got none. Ask about food for sale in-game chat and Discord. Also buying food from players could be 3-4 times cheaper than buying it from Black Market;
5) Take note that you spend a lot of satiation when
Resting after fights;
6) Some races could need more/less food than others;
7) some actions and spells can reduce satiation, for example, mining stone outside the dungeons or if you breathe fire as a dragon or identification spell by Sorcerer class;
8) do not carry all the food with you, so that all of it is not eaten/stolen/burned/dissolved by monsters; store surplus in your home or warehouse.
🤔Why am I finding crops in the dungeon? this makes no sense
They are stolen from people.. If you will read NPC dialogs you will know… they appear only at shallow depths
Water in potion gives a better result than drinking from open source of water.
Your satiation reduces faster if character got high speed; eg character with 30 speed bonus will have to eat much more often.
Some races got different hunger mechanics – eg Vampires get nourishment by killing humanoids, Ents got it from drinking from fountains, Lizardmen got additional nourishment by eating insects. Vampires and Ents don’t get nourishment from common ‘human’ food, while Lizardmen could eat it too.