Our magical world would have it’s own lore. It’s own story. It’s own history.
I’ve made decision to rename ‘Angband Online’ project to ‘Tangaria’ (accessible by tangaria.com). There are several reasons why I did so, there they are:
- for more than 10 years I’m creating my own fantasy world in form of the book. It’s called ‘Tangaria’. And it could be fun to make it ‘alive’ for real – in multiplay online game! Also I’ll start publishing chapters from my book at this website 🙂
- ‘Angband’ is Tolkien-based name and game itself got a lot of Tolkien lore in. And it means possible copyright problems, especially if we ever would come to Steam platform (which probably wouldn’t happen in several years, but still)
- ‘Angband’ name for a game got quite big history and I’m not sure that I deserve honour to use it; I was always a bit unsure – was I right to call project by this ‘loud’ name
- There is also http://angband.live which appeared long time before AO and it’s quite easy to get confused between angband.live and angband.online
- Acronym ‘AO’ is referring to a lot of other online games (eg Albion Online, Anarchy Online etc)
- ‘Tangaria’ sound more unique, it’s easy to remember (especially among 100+ variants of Angband).
- And the last reason.. I didn’t want to share it at the beginning, but I think I should do it to be completely honest. At first when I started ‘Angband Online’ server I was very proud to be part of V-Angband community. But after recent changes in V-Angband lore, something broken inside me and I can not properly associate myself with Angband community anymore. I respect this people, but I feel myself as divergent; I do not feel myself comfortable when I’m working at ‘Angband Online’ project after all this fray. So it’s time to part our ways.
Dragons and Giants (some like to call them Titans) are essential, primal forces of the World. Their magic was what gave life to the Earth and divided it from chaos. For the past ages there was relatively calm and peaceful life (if you could call it peaceful when hordes of orcs fight men, undeads stumbling elves from the north and Covent of Mages burning whole cities alive), but now there appeared some strange events which look like real signs of coming catastrophe..