- Thunderlords got their tamed eagles at last! It’s our first implementation of pets.
– eagles grow in time: from tiny nestling to Great Eeagle;
– eagles fly around and attack enemies;
– in case if monster severely attacked eagle – eagle fly away back to master;
– thunderlords now easily discovered by enemies as they sing their battle songs loudly and their eagle piercingly screams seeking for pray…
– need to eat more often to feed themselves and their eagle;
– do not have previous boni (resistance and expanded ESP).
- Imps race – little mischievous tricksters – now teleport at will from time to time;
– in time player will be able to ‘tame’ them, but at start they will teleport around putting you into different adventurous situations;
– imps can enter ‘Stealth Mode’ (
– imps got high saving throw, less mana penalty, moderate fire resistance at mid-game.
- Werewolf race now howls from time to time at night.. Also at night they can cut enemies and got:
– more HP bonus;
– better stats;
– worse at shooting;
– additional speed boni;
– magic resistance.
- Beholder race now may try to predict future from time to time which cause hallucinations;
– they do not have malus to melee attacks anymore;
– they may obtain better physical strength than before.
- Damned race now struggle constant disaster which higher powers send to exterminate them – from time to time gods summoning their emissaries around.
– got plenty of skill/stat boni and protection from fear;
- Troll and Djinn got no lvl FEELINGs; but now Troll is better in regeneration and Djinn doesn’t have exp penalty;
- Draconian race gain intrinsic basic resistances, fire at 10, cold at 20, acid at 30 and lightning at 40;
- Minotaurs now aggroes monsters on close distance, but don’t have physical vulnerability and movement malus anymore.
- Bright light now affect stealth, so exploring cave with dim torch might be good idea after all;
- Chance of generation Phial of Galadriel reduced (to reduce chance to generate good randart phials), while chance to generate Phial of Undeath increased;
- New light artifacts (inspired by FAangband, Oangband, TomeNET):
– Lamp of Gwindor, Pearl ‘Nimphelos’, Stone of Lore;
– Also set of new Palantirs: of Avallone, of Orthanc, of Minas Ithil, of Minas Tirith; rework of Palantir of Westernesse;
- New activation effect for lights: Galadriel and Stone of Lore;
- Everburning lanterns and Dwarven lamps rework;
- New sounds and messages formatting for food/light stealing/draining so it will be easier to notice when it happens.
Other roguelike stuff
- Rogue can’t turn poison into poison;
- Warning message for Sandworm Lair poison;
- Reduced nourishment for some mapping activation effects;
– undead and wood-elf races got new looks;
– added pearl and green stone items;
– green elf archer new appearance;
– tiles for new races and their forms.