I’ve added several races (client updated). Just some info about them, so you would understand a bit of a lore plot:
Highlander – ancient people, first of a human race;
Merfolk – human-like water-dwelling creatures who lives on shores to the north of Big Step coast. They do not have fishtail, it’s not mermaids (although they got something in common);
Barbarian – there are some different tribes at the north
Black Dwarf – some call them as ‘corrupted’ dwarves. They would kill ya if you would call them like this. Otherwise they are not too evil really, likes to be on their own mind;
Goblin – kind of orcs, tiny and cruel. Lives in caves mostly;
Half-Giant – descendance of giants from old times;
Ogre – swamp trolls, bold and slick, with greenish skin;
Troll – some of them are quite intellegent (if you could call a troll intellegent) and serves as bodyguards at Middle-lands;
Orc – huge hordes of orcs settles to the southeren Banlands. They try to get their own piece of fertile lands to live piecefully, but Empire of Strenght won’t make it happen;
Forest Goblin – look like a nice little creatures. Indeed, some of them are quite kind and friendly, but some are cruel.. depends on tribe;
Dark Elf – live in the south parts of forest behind Roaring Mountains. They live in forest, Carl, it’s not Salvatore’s elves! :E
Werewolf – to the east from Golden Forest on north;
Undead – occupy most of the far north at the moment. This is intelligent race (at lest some part of undeads), they even got their own country which has to protect itself from real, brainless undead hordes from Wildlands;
Vampire – live to the north from Honor Empire. Quite reasonable folk actually;
Maya – descendants of ancient powers;
Cambion – corrupted descendants of ancient powers;
Celestial – yet another … descendants of ancient powers. Some people call them ‘angels’, but they are not kind and helpful (and they doesn’t have wings!), but very cruel race which got their own goals which they would achieve no matter what. The only thing which save the world from their roth is that there are not too many of them. In eternal war with titans;
Balrog – undeground ancient ‘race’ or some would call them as a ‘force’; in eternal war with dragons;
Nephalem – example what could appear if celestial would make love to balrog. Amazingly it happens sometimes, so such creatures could be met.. very-very rare, but there they are.
Also hobbit races ranamed to halfling; Dunadan to Westmen; Black Numenorean to Dark Renegade.
I’ve took inspiration from TomeNET (dark elves, vampire, golbins, maia) and FrogComPosBand. Some of this races are kinda ‘raw’, but they would be polished in future.. a lot 🙂 Please test new races and report about disbalance. Races aren’t static, there would be a lot of changes over time. We would perform constant, eternal rebalance.
Added new class: archer.
Traditional PWMA archer (magical one) renamed to hunter.
End of the rework on help files, autoretaliation with missile launcher + bugfixing.
List of changes:
– Revised help system (continued)
– Added BRIGHT flag for safe floors
– Make use_sound option on by default
– Fix fractional shots incorrectly carrying one extra shot to the next turn if the target was killed during the current turn
– Allow to autoretaliate with missile launcher using the @On inscription
– Fix crash when using Read Minds spell
– Fix incorrect player presets after ading more races/classes to the game due to hardcoded values in the init code
– Fix critically stupid bug that was making the main dungeon unaccessible
– Fix another critically stupid bug that was making uniques never give experience or loot
Mainly to add a DM command to speed up time by 1 to 12 hours and to port part of the new help file system from V.
List of changes:
– Revised help system
– Terrain flag FLOOR_BORING renamed to BORING (can be used for non floors)
– New Dungeon Master debug command to advance time by 1 to 12 hours
Yay! New version of PWMA which fix light/shadows bugs! Server/client updated 😀
Here’s the complete changelist since 1.2.0: Continue reading
- Ok, from now on our server address is game.tangaria.com
- server works, please update clients
- I’ve added ‘torch’ light to all vanilla and PWMA terrain features
- rearranged tileset to add different doors from PWMA update
New PWMAngband 1.3.0 beta 2 released!
– Hopefully fix “undefined packet” errors when sending a large amount of features from pref-xxx.prf to the server
– Remove pseudo-3D tileset
– Remove player shop types, allow free colorized house doors
– Allow variable number of stores in store.txt
Here’s a list of changes since the last development release:
– Remove DEATH flag from graf-xxx.prf files
– Update monsters when leveling up
– Fix room templates with specified treasures
– Fix possible nuking of useful item when too many are generated on a level
– More struct loc refactoring
Clients updated! Powerwyrm hunded down all critical bugs, so it’s now comfortable to test new version 😀 I’m a bit busy atm, but soon there would be a lot of new stuff & streams! I suppose at the end of this week I’ll be back to work on Tangria 24/7 😉
We moved to new cloud. Keep on jumping!
To play you should update your client.
There is know issue with other players invisible to you; Powerwyrm hunting this bug down 🙂
Client files (mangclient.exe and the 2 other ones) updated with a delay equal to (size of feature array / 10) between PKT_FEATURES sendings (for Tangaria which has 2600 features, the delay is 260ms, which is roughly 1 second for the 4 packets — you’ll see a slight delay after choosing character and before the login screen shows up)
I’ve updated the zip, you need to redownload it, but only the mangclient.exe file is changed so you only need to replace that file
On my local PC, this prevents server from “reprocessing” the FEATURES packets (8 calls without the delay, 4 calls with it). I hope this also fixes the “unknown packet” problem
And it fixed problem indeed! 😀 Yay!
Tangaria client updated. Test continues!
Powerwyrm fixed this nasty bugs!
Server file (mangband.exe) updated with:
– log entry for every packet that is received by the server during setup phase (I have the normal flow so I will be able to compare)
– fix for random crash due to bug with struct loc
Guys, please feel free to test stuff! 😀
Sever down for maintaince.
I’ve opened server for testing.. It’s VERY bugged, eg:
- in 70% cases you can’t login to your character. The only way is to try again and again and finally you would login. Also try not to push buttons too fast on login, when while it prompt you.
- you can not see other players atm; players are invisible to each other. But you could see if they drop items, fight etc
- sometimes client crush. After several attempts you could relogin (hopefully)
- sometimes server just crush. If so you can’t continue playing. Please tell so in discord, I’ll restart it.
There would be a wipe, so don’t worry to die a lot 🙂
This isn’t really ‘public’ test. Please do not report about it on public resources as game doesn’t work properly and I don’t want people get wrong picture.
To play – just download client in ‘Downloads’ section.