– Add missing tiles, remap tileset
– Don’t display “Start a new game” message on server shutdown
– Allow to play again after getting a character dump
– Add option to hide trap/terrain on status line
– Allow multiple “force-locations” for monsters
– Add option to disable the Enter menu
– Fix of the “crash on opening chest” bug
– Add missing tiles, remap tileset
- Humans got some damage reduction over their life (they are getting used to pain..)
- Yeeks are now much faster in running (not attacking!)
- Dragon got bonus to mana while young
- Hydra changes:
- AoE attack
- More HPs
- Moves faster (only movement speed!)
- Receive more damage
- Drain exp at 10+
- got bonus to mana while young
- Nerfed primary stats & disarm
- Troll & Half-giant: movement debuff instead of speed
- Ogre: movement debuff
- New items:
- equipment: broken dagger, broken sword, filthy rags, Old Rusty Chain Mail
- artifacts: Filthy Rag of Righteousness, Broken Dagger ‘Shard’, Broken Sword ‘Narsil’
- ego-lights: Feanorian and Dwarven lamps
- food: Sprig of Athelas, Strip of Beef Jerky
- mushrooms: Paranoia, Hallucination, Toadstool
- jewellery: Ring of Woe, Amulet of Doom
- curse armour/weapon (thanks Powerwyrm for returning traditional flags!)
- Animate Weapon, Evil Spirit
- Novice Alchemist’s Creation
- Stomach Water
- Lose Memories is back (ty PW!)
- Ruined chest
- NPCs are selling Stomach Water instead of Salt Water (which still there, but not sellable)
- Newbie NPC sells Phase Doors now
- Provisioneer sells Empty Bottles\
- Archer/Monk classes reordered in character creation screen
- Fixed old store crush (thanks to Powerwyrm!)
- Rinswind now got proper newbie spellbooks and potions
- Added 1/3 of short-desc for terrain
- Assigned some tileset to new world map
- Revamp of tamer (volkhv), scout, Mad woodsmen & some others
- Ported new tiles from PWMA
- Added new sounds for blindness/confusion
- Added five towny fishes: roach, ruff, crucian, perch, carp:
– Simplify lighting, update graf-dvg.prf
– Redo chest traps, make chest_trap.txt
– Plug more memory leaks
– Update help
– Improve datafile documentation
– Add missing tiles, remap tileset
– Remove some redundant flags from monster.txt
– Fix the worst of quiver anomalies
– Changed to allow sense/detect objects to remove marks on the map for locations detected as empty
– Display short description instead of name for terrain on status line if there is one
– Implement custom symbols for displaying towns on the world minimap
– Un-hardcode admin equipment
– Decrease satiation in town areas if full
– NO_STAIRS flag on terrain to prevent generating stairs
Yay, server updated!
Also Lobelia Sackville-Baggins got new tile from PWMA (a bit revamped), mists moved; plundered beautiful statues and blood from DCSS (no in-game yet, but already in .psd):
- New monsters from ZAngband (with some revamp): hobo & raving lunatic townies, blinking dot, grid bug, Freesia, giant leech.
- Also some other mobs fixes: huorn-trees are less speedy; woodsman appears at town; mad woodsman now unique and a bit more healthy. Apprentice renamed to Novice mage (classic!).
- Trolls (race) fears light and a bit worse in save and shoot.
- Fixed loads of terrain-walls which was undiggable.
The Old Ruinsdungeon:
- Merged race part of tileset with PWMA; to do so I’ve moved monster tiles from 83-84 to other spots
- Added appearance to recently added Tangaria’s races (tiles plundered from DCSS tileset; some are reworked):
Black Numenorean, Damned, Merfolk, Barbarian, Black Dwarf, Goblin, Half-Giant, Ogre, Troll, Orc, Forest Goblin, Dark Elf, Werewolf, Undead, Vampire, Enlightened, Cambion, Celestial, Balrog, Nephalem, Gargoyle, Golem.
- Added some new tiles for monsters which were moved from 83-84
- Reduced sleepness of town’s animals
- Town animals now run away from player less willingly
- Buff of Half-Giant race
- Tangaria’s package now accessible on GitHub
Mapping and detection revamp (objects, spells, items activation):
- Mapping magic now has much bigger radius, but serious side effects – short paralize, blindness, hallucinations.
- Detection magic radius restored (as it was overnerfed; limited_esp is enough).
Food system (objects, spells):
- Food now do not decrease satiation, if you are well fed.
- As there are much more food in dungeons (because of new types of food from V), food removed from stores; except especially expensive Hard Biscuits.
- Some food/drinks rework, eg Orcish Liquor increase your movement speed for a couple of moves.
- Curse Armour scroll now is more severe; but moved deeper.
- Nerfed scroll of Damned Jail.
- Potion of Death now is equally dangerous (but not fatal) for characters of any level.
- Ruination is now stunningly unpleasant.
- Cursed Vessel → Cursed Jar; and now it’s also dive into the minds, surrounding you.
- Lobelia Sackville-Baggins revamped and moved from newbie dungeon to a bit deeper.
- Barrel sleepness reduced.
- Brigand and outlaw rearrangement and tileset fix.
- Tom Bombadil buff.
- Removed wrong FRIGHTENED flags as monsters don’t attack (we need AI_ANNOYING).
- Stores now selling Salt Water (to cure over-eating).
- Fixed bug with custom NPC order (Black Market didn’t work; now it’s ok).
- Half-Giant got Damage Reducement and immune to trap after it grows (which is extremely unlucky as LIMITED-TELEPORT flag is not there yet; and it has NO-TELEPORT for now).
- Ruins terrain PROJECT flag temporary off (till MOVE flag will appear).
- Hunter’s Valley location got more inhabitants.
- Carn Dum moved to the border of Arda.
- Added tiles to ^W (looks stupid for now).
- Added one-window-fullscreen addon to client package.
- New monsters: Lonely tree; mutant telepath; mutant unbeliever; entwife; Fangorn, Oldest of the Ents.
- Unicorns received additional resistances.
- Nerfed a bit monsters in Mountain Gorge.
- Increased speed of monster-objects (they were too idle).
- Fixed double WOUND flags; monsters which had it got appropriate additional spell to preserve their initial balance.
– added 5 new tiles from DCSS for ents and tree-monsters;
– imported 3 tiles from DCSS for end-game sea-monsters;
– reworked Sangahyando and Angamait of Umbar tiles.
- Remastered volume and stereo problems for 16 sounds.
- Removed non-ASCII symbols from artifacts names (previously I’ve deleted them from monster names too).
- New screen now got 7 Stars.
- AI_LEARN = true (in test mode).
- Restored deleted by mistake artifact’s preface.
- Added invisibility and wraith potions. Beware, they have side-effects.
- Mapping spells now cause hallucination for a while.
- Enlightments and *E* scrolls can’t be bought from store anymore (buy it from other player).
- Added new artifact: Athame ‘Elbereth’ (in rememberings of old version of Nethack).
- Increased detection magic radius a bit.
- Added resist poison potions to Shtukensia.
- Added pre-defined client options (among others, X:view_yellow_light).
- Old Guard now mentions direction to town.
- Dragon race: trap disarming nerfed.
- A lot of updates at website – new articles, guides, etc
Server wiped, gamedata & .psd updated.
Finally I’ve made an appropriate intro! Yay! // Updaded image: added Seven Stars.
I’ve used mountains from PernAngband and all kind of ASCII art from the internet (warrior and mage credits: Tua Xiong и hjw); some I’ve modified. Respect to people who made such great pictures!
In Old Forest you could try to find Tom Bombadil:
He is signing songs which he composes on the go!
You won’t see two similar songs 😉
Also you could rarely meet Tom in the Old Forest dungeon itself. You can’t harm him really; so no need to try to fight with him 😉